Thursday, May 26, 2011

Gassy, No Gassy?

Mary says......

Okay, so I made my first purchase the day we arrived. I wanted to buy a bottle of water, so I made my way to a kiosk in the airport. After I put the bottle of water on the counter, the lady says to me "Gassy". Looking at her with bewilderment on my face, I repeat what she said. After she said it quite a few times, I shrugged my shoulders in the typical foreign "I have no idea what you are trying to say to me" way. She then turns around and gets a slightly different bottle of water and places it next to the one I put on the counter. She points to my bottle and says "Gassy", then to the new bottle and says "No Gassy".
I'm sure that she saw the light go off in my eyes, because all of a sudden I understood what she meant. The Gassy water is carbonated!  "AAhhh, no gassy!" I replied.
I don't like to speculate, but I can imagine her thinking "they come to our country and don't even speak the language!"
Thank you water lady, I appreciate your patience. Without your help, I would have ended up with "Gassy" water. :)




 Cool Non Gassy Water Throwing Firetruck!

No comments:

Post a Comment