Wednesday, June 8, 2011

June 8: Jericho's Walls

Mary Says: So today we had two really good visits with Alina. This morning she was very active. First we read from the Bible, then went for a walk. It was a long walk, especially for Alina because she likes to be carried...A lot. We don't mind holding her as that is part of bonding with her but it was nice to see her active.  She also rode a 4 wheel horsey for a bit, played the tickle game with Daddy and generally had a good time.

Today walking around the orphanage grounds with Alina, I was telling her the story of Joshua and the walls of Jericho. As I was singing the "Keep walking, cause you won't knock down our walls, keep walking...." from Veggie Tales, the Holy Spirit spoke to me to keep walking in faith and soon we will knock down those orphanage walls and walk out with both of our babies.


Let the Games begin...

Chase the Mama...


Gonna get her...
Got that Mama!

Dad, I promise to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but...

Dad says put it here...

h
Uh Oh, here comes the tickle monster...

Eeeehaaa, Gotcha...

Whoop, don't break the girl Daddy...

And some Teeter Totter...

No Dad, It's a Hog...and I'm out for a ride!


We have contacted three congress people and hope to have them help to get USCIS approval expedited for Vitaly. Our USCIS officer has agreed to put a note on our file for the urgency of our petition. And we're praying like crazy!  I feel like the Isrealites when God would do something wonderful for them, then another valley would come and they would complain and forget what God had already done.


But I have been reminded of what God has already done for us, and am working on keeping my focus on Him and not listening to the accuser who waits at the door trying to fester fear and doubt. Tom is wonderful at reminder of where my focus needs to be. I thank God that he is here with me. Going through this with my soulmate is more than I could ask for. Actually not, I can ask for a little boy too. :)
Our Heavenly Father loves these children more than we ever could. He knows the plans he has for Alina and Vitaly. Plans to prosper them and not to harm them. To give them a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11
We need that USCIS approval ASAP so that we can get his official referral and start visiting him as well. That will also start the paperwork process for his adoption here. Please continue to pray.


 *Update - One of the Senators that we contacted has sent a request to Immigration for expedited approval.
Praying that this will help speed the process up.  Thank you everyone.

Now to end on a delicious note. This is a beautiful dish that Tom made for dinner tonite consisting of chicken, green bell peppers, yellow bell peppers, mushrooms, and carrots on top of a bed of rice. It was as delicious as it looks! He even came up with a new word: Positation - positive taste experience with good presentation.

Did I say that I was happy to have Tom here? Oh yes. If he wasn't I would be eating cereal and bologna/cheese sandwiches all the time. :) To help us enjoy this positation, we had our new friends over. The lovely couple here adopting their precious twins. Being so far from home, it is nice to have fellow countrymen around.

1 comment:

  1. praying you hear good news soon!!!!!!!
    man, that dish looks good!!
    Guess he is not just a pretty face :)

    ReplyDelete